Fantastic First Reading With These 3 Steps
Updated: Jan 27
Whether you've had dozens of Tarot readings or this is your first one, I know these steps will help you get the most out of your reading with me.
1. Pick the Right Tarot Reader for You
Picking the right reader to help you sort through life is incredibly important. The reader needs to be able to understand what you want and need out of the reading before a single card is drawn. Sometimes, the Universe sends these people into your life; sometimes you have to do a little more research. Regardless, it’s vital that you communicate your wants and needs to whomever you choose as your Tarot reader.
2. Ask an Effective Question
For a more complete answer, please see the blog post How to Ask A Question here..
· Avoid when and will questions—These types of questions lead to fortune-telling, and that doesn’t work with your Free Will. When and Will questions limit you, and that’s no fun!
· Ask what or how questions—These questions open up the conversation with the cards, and between you and your reader. It allows full movement of your Free Will, and we love that!
· Focus on one topic or question at a time—I also want to know “all the things,” but being specific in your question can really help give you action items for “this” point in your life. Making small, manageable adjustments can often lead to success when you would otherwise be overwhelmed with too much information at once.
3. Allow Time for Some Self-Reflection
It’s important to know what you want, but it’s just as important that you know why you want it. The answer to why you want something can focus your questions and allow the reader to dig deeper with questions or suggestions you might not have thought of. The Tarot can be accurate in getting to the bottom of things for you, and being able to tell your reader why you (specifically) want guidance on something, can oftentimes allow for a more accurate and satisfying reading.
Once the reading is over, allow yourself some more time for reflection. You’ve gotten a lot of information in your time with the reader. Now it’s time to sit down and put action items into your calendar, or rethink how you’re going to approach that area of your life differently. This is an exciting time, and allowing for self-reflection can often help untangle feelings from action items.
There you have it! Three things that can help you get the most out of your time with your Tarot reader and the cards.